As the winter season approaches, many travellers might find themselves wanting to plan their escape to warmer destinations. However, if you’re looking for a proper winter vacation, the Western Cape should be at the top of your list. The picturesque region offers a diverse range of activities and attractions that are perfect for winter months, including scenic drives, wine tasting, and cosy nights by the fire. With these Top Winter Hotel Specials in 2023, you can experience all of this and more without breaking the bank.
Here we’ll explore more of what the best hotel deals and packages available in the Western Cape are, so that you can plan you dream winter getaway with ease.
We’ll start off in the Mother City with The Bay Hotel which offers a spectacular location with raving reviews; its close to the beach and surrounded by some of the most popular hiking trails in Cape Town. They’re currently offering a winter spa package of which they call their “Winter Wellness Break” which includes:
• 2 Nights’ accommodation in a Pool Club Spa Room
• African Earth Ceremonies journey for two (body polish and wrap; facial pressure point and scalp massage; full body massage)
• South African buffet breakfast served daily
COST: R3 970 per person sharing for a two-night stay with spa treatments.
Not far from The Bay Hotel, you will find Camps Bay Retreat, a sanctuary of sorts as it practically has its own forest! This winter, they’re offering a romantic Date Night Getaway for two which includes:
• 2 Nights in a Manor, Nature or Sky Room
• R800 Bella’s Restaurant Voucher
• R500 Mint Wellness spa treatment voucher
• Cold and hot breakfast selection daily
COST: R2 910 per person sharing for a two-night stay with dinner and spa vouchers.
An hour and a half’s drive outside of Cape Town you can find Langebaan, also known as the Jewel of the West Coast. Langebaan boasts the historical Farmhouse Hotel, which was originally built in the year 1860 and offers guests an authentic farm-style experience. The Farmhouse Hotel is offering a “Family Fun” winter package this year, which includes:
• 2 Nights in the Frank Wightman 2Bed Cottage sleeping up to 4 people
• Private Wood-Fired Hot Tub
• Private BBQ Station
• À la carte cold and hot breakfast selection
COST: R980 per person sharing for a two-night stay for 4.
Just under a 2-hour drive from Cape Town is a breath-taking coastal destination along the Garden Route called Harbour House Hotel, which is perfectly located in the heart of the Old Harbour of Hermanus. Its exceptional location is what makes it ideal for guests wanting to indulge in everything this stunning seaside town has to offer and to take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life. This winter, Harbour House Hotel is offering an idyllic Romantic Hot-Tub & Massage Package which comprises of:
• 2 Nights’ accommodation in a Wood-Fired Hot Tub Romantic Manor House Room
• 60-minute Aromatherapy Couples Massage
• Romantic setup of private wood-fired hot tub
• Bottle of local sparkling wine and chocolate dipped fruit
• Daily a la carte cold and hot breakfast selection
COST: R3 440 per person sharing for a two night stay with a hot tub experience, massages, local sparkling wine and fruit plate.
Further along the famous Garden Route, you’ll come across the Pezula Nature Hotel & Spa (just under 6 hours drive from Cape Town). The hotel is located on the Eastern Head of Knysna, surrounded by a lush paradise of indigenous forests, mountains, lakes, and pristine beaches. The estate is home to Pezula’s Championship Golf Course which has been dubbed as one of the most scenic golf courses in the world!
This winter, they are offering a “Stay and Play (Golf or Spa)” Package, which includes:
• 2 Nights’ accommodation in a Sky Panoramic Extra-Large Suite
• Choice of a round of gold at Pezula Championship Golf Course or a R1 100 spa treatment voucher (per person)
• Cold and hot breakfast selection daily
COST: R2 970 per person sharing for a two night stay with golf rounds or spa treatments.
In conclusion, these Top Winter Hotel Specials of 2023 offer travellers the perfect opportunity to enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation at some of the best hotels in the Western Cape. Which each hotel has its unique winter specials, it’s worth noting that they all offer other fantastic deals not mentioned here, and it would be to your advantage to check them out!
Additionally, all five hotels mentioned offer a special promotion where guests can book three nights or more and save 20% and furthermore, families travelling with a child up to the age of 14 years can take advantage of selected rooms that have a day bed and have their child stay free (some rooms also allow for up to two children!)
With these deals, guests can enjoy luxurious accommodation, world-class amenities, and beautiful amenities without breaking the bank. Wishing everyone a happy and cosy winter season!